Why will people buy your food product from your online shop?
A couple of days ago I was asked to complete a survey for a company that I have made a few purchases from recently and when I gave them 10 out of 10 they asked me to give some reasons why – which got me thinking. This company in my mind does so much right and it’s always a joy to buy something from them. So I thought if I shared my reasons it might help you think about your online foodie shop to see if you are offering that wonderful consumer shopping experience.
In no particular order (that sounds a bit Strictly – apologies!!):
1. Their website is beautiful – gorgeous branding and lifestyle shots as well as really clear product shots – so you know exactly what you’re ordering. (The photo in this post is from Tipple Tails website which is another online shop that I think has beautiful food photography)
2. Their products with prices are on the front page of their website with a big invitation to shop now! (No time wasted trying to find out how you buy!)
3. Delivery is free (well it’s obviously not – but it’s included in the price) – so no nasty surprises at checkout!
4. Their website is really, really easy to use – and quick!!
5. Every time I have ordered either for myself or as a gift the products have arrived on time.
6.. When I’ve ordered for a gift they always let me know when it’s arrived at the destination (so no wondering if it’s been received or not)
7.. They reward loyalty – after my first few purchases I was offered a voucher off my next purchase.
8. They thank me! When I completed their survey (which took me about 1 minute!) – they sent me a voucher off my next purchase.
9. They don’t bombard me with emails – whenever they do send me an email – there’s always a point to it!
10. Finally – although this isn’t one of the reasons that makes me buy from them, but it’s always nice to have 10 points on any list(!) and it is a good thing to do when selling online – they always suggest other products that I may like to add onto my order.
I hope this has given you some ideas to think about. If you would like me to review your online food shop I would be happy to do so, just drop me a line at [email protected]