How to engage with customers to achieve online success
More and more people are turning to social networks to discover and learn more about the brands they are buying or are potentially interested in buying. Having a presence on line is crucial if you want to attract customer’s attention and sell more.
It’s not just about having lots of different content online, the ultimate goal of any online activity is to create engagement. The higher the engagement rate and the more people are enjoying the content they are reading, they will then potentially share it with friends and hopefully your brand will be front of mind when in the buying mode.
So how can this be done?
1. Create a solid piece of content that can be used across many channels e.g. Facebook, twitter, blogs, forums which capitalizes on a central theme e.g. recipe inspiration, new usage occasions, your unique product benefit etc. that is relevant to all customers.
2. Encourage customers to comment or start conversations e.g. ask open ended questions, ask for feedback, suggestions for new product ideas, posting of videos of them consuming your products. This will show that your brand is open to mutual sharing and exchanges and responds to what customers think.
3. Talk to people in a familiar way/on their level. Try and create a profile of your customers beyond their name and addresses. What other sites do they visit? What type of content are they viewing there? Can your brand have a presence here that is connected too?
4. Talk regularly to customers and don’t repeat content. It needs to be new news and relevant.
5. Don’t be afraid to share other brand’s content too if you feel it would be of interest to your customers and fits with your brand values. For example, if you are a local cheese brand your customers may be interested in other local products, local farmers markets or things happening in your local area.
6. Use photos and videos, even humour, can get people to interact with a brand’s content
7. Review which content of yours was read, shared or commented on? Content that has had more interaction is being enjoyed, so they’ll probably enjoy more of the same.
Remember 9 out of 10 people would recommend a brand to a friend after interacting with it on social media platform according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) study 2013.
Claim your FREE Foodie Business Book: SuperJam by Fraser Doherty
We were very excited this month to interview Fraser Doherty – the founder of the hugely successful brand SuperJam. From humble beginnings Superjam has gone on to win listings in the major retailers and sell millions of jars; has won a variety of awards; and is even exhibited in the National Museum of Scotland as an example of an “Iconic Scottish Food Brand”.
Their superb brand success is an inspiration and we are delighted to be able to share Fraser’s story with you which will be live on the Relish Membership site Thursday 23rd May 2pm.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR FREE COPY OF “SUPERBUSINESS” by Fraser Doherty
As a special offer we are offering a FREE copy of Fraser’s book “SuperBusiness:How I Started SuperJam from my Gran’s Kitchen” to EVERYONE who joins the Relish Club BEFORE FRIDAY 24TH MAY 17.00.
“This book should be given to ALL food businesses”
“Crammed full of amazing advice, the kind of stuff you would want to hear from one of the Dragons if you were lucky enough to have them as your mentor.”
As a Relish member, you’ll then have access to all our food marketing resources PLUS access to our MEMBER HELPLINE where you can CALL OR EMAIL US ANYTIME TO ASK QUESTIONS OR SEEK ADVICE ON YOUR BUSINESS.
Here’s that link to join the club again: JOIN THE RELISH CLUB NOW
If you have any questions about Relish membership or this month’s fantastic member offer just drop us a line and we’ll be happy to help..