The true teacher is the learner…..
I have been doing a lot of 1-2-1 coaching which I absolutely love – it gives me time to work with food and drink producers over a period of time and really help them to achieve their goals. Seeing businesses grow and gain the listings they have been chasing for a long time definitely has to be one of the highlights of my job.
On a very long train journey recently I took time out to reflect and review all the food businesses I am currently coaching and have done over the last year and what struck me is not only the successes that they have achieved – but all the lessons that I have learned to.
As Elbert Hubbard said: “The teacher is the one who gets most out of lessons and the true teacher is the learner.”
So I thought I would share with you what my coaching journey has taught me (so far!) – in no particular order:
- Food and drink producers have so much tenacity and determination. It’s not an easy job – and every day the resilience and persistence my coachees exhibit never fails to amaze me
- Finding the potential in businesses and helping them grow is extremely gratifying
- To really, truly actively listen – not just to the words – but to what people are truly feeling behind the words.
- That positivity and optimism is very infectious.
- That everyone benefits from encouragement and someone having confidence in them
- That having true belief in an end goal really can help you achieve it
- Sometimes you have to step back and let them make their own decisions
- That it’s easier for me (whose livelihood doesn’t depend on it) to suggest bold and brave moves
- Sometimes businesses have a lot of the answers already – but they have never given themselves the time to step away from the business and work them out.
- Finally – and so far I’ve not been proved wrong – that food and drink entrepreneurs are genuinely lovely, authentic, hard-working people who are following their passion. I am very lucky to work with such wonderful people.
The Relish Relaunch has landed
We are very excited to announce the re-launch of the Relish Food Marketing membership Club today.
We have been listening to what you have been telling us – and have incorporated your ideas and re-launched the Relish site with :
– A new fresh design
– Simpler navigation
– User friendly categories & terminology
– Great new content
PLUS – we are offering a 30 day FREE trial membership for all food and drink producers!
We will be continually adding new content to the site.
Coming up very soon:
– Tips on Pitching to Retailers – tip sheet
– How to prepare for a great food show/exhibition – video
If you have any topics you want covered please email us at [email protected] and we will add them to our content and resources planner – and you will then see them live on the Relish membership site.
Here’s the link to join – www.relish-marketing.co.uk
We look forward to welcoming you to the Relish Club soon!
Jo & The Relish Team