Making the most of your food awards
1) This is going to sound really obvious – but do make sure you tell your consumers! However, when you tell them do make sure you link in with how it benefits them e.g “ we are delighted to win this award because it is a reflection of the top quality, locally sourced ingredients we use in every jar of our hand-made sauces”
Here are just a few channels you can use to communicate your news:
– Social media
– Website – add the award logo on
– Packaging (maybe stickers?)
– Email signature – include logo of your award
– Invoices – add award logo on
Don’t forget – the more times people see the message in different places, the better chance of it sinking in; what’s more, they are more likely to tell other people about you too!
2) Get your stockists behind you – They may be able to promote your win on their website, magazine or newsletter. Remember it reflects well on them too to be stocking award-winning products.
3) It would be fantastic to get some PR from your award wins. Apart from the win itself, try and think of a specific “hook” that will get the press to notice your story. It’s also worth looking into the PR opportunities available through the awarding body too – are they promoting their winners in some way that you could be hook into?
Good luck to all of you who are entering awards currently!
If you want any more advice on the above – particularly with any help in putting together your press release just drop us a line at [email protected]